Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I conquered!

Our sluggish kitchen drain was getting worse and worse, and my kitchen was getting dirtier and dirtier. Thank goodness for my dad, who is one of those people who can fix anything. (I'm one of those people who doesn't know what to do with anything that falls under the category of "home repair.") I was speaking to him on the phone and mentioned my sluggish drain problem. I told him about the boiling water and the baking soda/vinegar combo I tried. He recommended plunging the sink. Never would have thought of that!

After sterilizing the plunger (the only one we have has been in the toilet), I went to town on the drain. I guess I had some built up tension from the stress of the last couple of days. To appreciate the full humor of the situation, you must understand I was standing on our step stool with one foot on a drain plug in one side of the sink, vigorously plunging away at the other side. Five good plunges later and all that manky water just drained away beautifully making such a loud sucking sound that Nathan looked up from his playing to ask what it was.

With so many things feeling out of my control, it's good to be empowered by a victory over one of the smaller, but oh-so-satisfying to resolve things.

No comments:

Post a Comment